Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

41 Days of Life...







EXTUBATION!!!!


16 comments:

  1. YEAH Jaime!!! So THAT'S what he looks like :-)

    Jeremy & Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO-HOO!
    Way to Go Jaime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to wipe away the tears of joy from my eyes. Jaime looks terrific without that darn ET tube. And oh how great to see him in his big brothers arms..he'll be a natural at baby sitting!!
    What beautiful family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful sight!
    darcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way To Go Big Man!!!
    SMILE,
    Bethany & Brody

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm so happy for all of you! What fantastic news. I'm just so excited for you all...

    By the way, is it just me, or do you and Carrie Adler (Carter's mommy) look alike???? LOL!!!

    Y'all look so happy and healthy. I'm just so happy for your entire family. Kamryn is taking notes as I type this...

    Much love to you,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures of Jared and Jaime are absolutely priceless. Your family is so photogenic. You just glow. Glad everything went so well yesterday. He looks great in that yellow outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAY!!!!!!
    (wipes tears) Awesome pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful news!!! Hope he doesn't have any problems without the vent!! He is a beautiful boy and I love the family pics. Keep up the good progress Jaime.

    Tracy - Ian's mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praising God from Nashville, TN. I check in on your little Jaime daily. He is so cute!! I am so happy for his progress and will continue lifting you all up in prayer.

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!!! What a big day. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY! What great news and so exciting for all of you to hold him without the big ET tube in the way! Congrats. Prayers for more steps forward.

    Love,

    the Miles Family

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Jaime looks great! And he even smiled for the camera! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats so exciting! yay! i'm happy for yall!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want an 8 x 10 glossy of pic 4 & 5!
    Cutest pictures ever! Way to go Jaime!
    Jared you are a love bug! Sheryl, you are darling as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAHOOO! Way to go Jaime, Jarad, Sheryl, Tom and all the Doctors and Staff there!

    Still keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers and sending LUNG FUNCTION and EAT like a Piggy Chants!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.