Hello All,
I just wanted to write a quick note before I go to bed. Jaime had another day of high co2's. The drs. had him sedated most of the day just to keep him from fighting the vent. This did seem to help, by late this evening his blood gases seemed to be getting better. Kim has his o2 down to 30%, it hasn't been 30% in days. His rate on the vent is still very high, but I think today's plan was just to keep him where he was and just leave him alone. Jaime is still very sensitive to touch and sound. Tom and I just took turns sitting by his side. Pr. Eric came up for a visit, too. It's always nice to see him, especially because he's originally from our home town!
All of Jaime's cultures came back negative...this is a GREAT sign! Also, ENT and Pulmonary will consult Jaime tomorrow. He will need to go to the OR-possibly on Thursday-for a bronchial scope. Both disciplines need to check his air way for different things. So, the plan is to get both ENT and Pulm in the OR at the same time, this way the CDH team will know what they are dealing with as all of today's issues have been respiratory related...everything else is stable.
We'll see what tomorrow brings!!!!
In other news, Jared and I had a "Hot Date" tonight. We used to do this in Cleveland once a week. This was our first time doing it in Cincy. Jared wanted to go to McDonalds, go figure. No Brown Derby for Jared, Dad, remember those days?!? :-) We've only eaten at a McDonald's once since we've been here, so that's where we went. After that we went to Meyers to get some groceries. I asked him what else he wanted to do, he told me that he wanted to come home and watch American Idol. I asked him if he wanted an Icee or ice cream, he said he just wanted to have some chocolate chip cookies that I bought and some milk. Cheap date! LOL! It was nice and we needed that! It was also fun to explore Cincy on my own. That was my first time driving in Cincy other than to the hospital or Jared's school.
So, that's about it, nothing too exciting to report!
Hope everyone is enjoying the weather!
Sheryl

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.