




Today was an awesome day for several reasons.
Jared is at Titi's having a blast! He played outside in the sprinkler all day, just like he would have if we were at home. A bit of normalcy is AWESOME for him, thanks, Titi! Here are some photos from that!
Jaime is having a great day today. His O2 has been as low as room air today and his rate is slowly coming down, I believe it was at 40 when we left (it was 60). We are still in isolation and will be for the duration of our stay. We are planning on decorating the inside of our Pod screens with "HOT ZONE" and "DO NOT ENTER" signs. Hey, we have to do SOMETHING to amuse ourselves here! Tee, hee!
Next reason, Jaime's dermatologist came late this after to tell us the skin biopsy results...are you ready for this? (Kim you were right! I knew you'd read this so I had to acknowledge you...we miss you, Jaime can't wait until you're back!)
It is unlikely that Jaime has EB! What they are thinking he did have was staph. His ORSA correlates with that, so they are thinking that is indeed the case. Not that we're thrilled about the ORSA, but it's treatable and not debilitating. We FINALLY get a break! Woohoo!!!!
Final reason for a GREAT DAY? Well, some of you already know this, but I got to hold Jaime today. I rocked him for 3 1/2 HOURS! It was awesome! No one, unless they have a critical NICU baby, will ever understand the magnitude of this! It's something all of us take for granted with our "normal" children (looking back, I totally took this simple "natural" thing for granted with Jared). This was only my second time in 5 weeks holding Jaime. Tom and I have both "lifted" him to be weighed or for a quick bed change, but this was the 2nd time I sat and really held him. It is quite a process to get Jaime from his bed to my lap and requires a nurse and a respiratory therapist. Kate and Kathy were so kind to take time out of their busy day just so I could hold my baby. It's truly a treat for us! Jaime was very comfortable, snuggling closer against me as time went on. I was comfy, too! :-) Eventually Jaime had to go back in his bed. :-( He did start "crying" when they put him back, but I think the transfer is a lot for him. Then, Kate did his care. I changed his diaper...and my little darling showed me just how well he can pee and peed all over his newly changed bed cover...sorry, Kate!
So, now Tom and I are back at RMH. I'm doing laundry...just another "fun" Friday night for us. Yep, it really does feel like Cincy is home! LOL!!!
I'm going to go back to the hospital when my laundry is done to say "good-night" to Jaime.
Enjoy the photos and you're weekend!!!
Love,
Sheryl
P.S. Carter's surgery went GREAT! He's officially joined the "newly repaired" club! Way to go, little man!!! :-)
P.P.S. I almost forgot...Jaime got his feeds started again today and did WONDERFUL with it!

An awesome day for the entire family!
ReplyDeleteGreat news about the EB.
Too wonderful! I guess if you were to have staph that is the way to have it!
ReplyDeleteKeeping you all in my thoughts, prayers and sending those babes Lung Function chants!
Elizabeth
WOW!!!! What a big boy!!! I think peeing all over freshly changed bed cover is progress!!! I'm so glad you got to hold him for so long. I just know you wanted to stay like that forever! You're going to get to hold him for years to come too. I just know it. Thinking of you and still praying!
ReplyDeleteLove, Stephanie