Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

This post is especially for all the Mom's celebrating Mother's Day today!

Special Mother's Day wishes going out to our family-my Mom, Mother-in-law, Grandma M., Grandma F., Jessica, April, Aunt Phyllis, Aunt Sandy, Aunt Karen, and Aunt Loree sorry we can't be with any of you, we miss you guys!

My Mother's Day has started off very nicely! Jared woke up and told me to close my eyes, I did, he brought over to me a big gift bag. The bag contained 3 cards-one from each of the boys, including Tom!
After opening the cards, I found all sorts of "chocolaty-goodness." There was Chai, Chocolate Hazelnuts, Chocolate colored cherries, and the most fun of all, a Chocolate Milk Tornado Mixer with Nestle Quik Powder! Apparently, you pour the milk in the mixer, then add the chocolate powder (or syrup) turn it on and it creates a chocolate tornado. We haven't tried it...YET! I also received an Orchid from Jared and a Rose at the hospital from Jaime. Oh and Jaime made me a special Mother's Day Card with his tiny little foot prints, too. Super cute!
After all of that, I received a special present from Jared that he made for me at school. It was a tissue paper decorated box with a bow and a note that told me I couldn't open it because it contained a hug and kiss from him. If I every get sad or lonely, I can "hug" my box and it will be like hugging him! Too Cute! I will take a photo of Jared's box and Jaime's foot print cards and post them later!

Thank you to everyone who sent me special Mother's Day cards and wishes, especially Titi for the wonderful "mom" charm bracelet and Connor and Sophia for the adorable hand-made card! Thanks, guys!

We're off to see Jaime,

Happy Mother's Day to all Moms! :-)

Love to all,

Sheryl

3 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy the day with your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! I know this one is a special one for you. I love the box that he gave you. So thoughtful!!! Have a wonderful day!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to you - enjoy your chocolate!

    With thoughts and prayers,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.