
Today's update is fairly good. Jaime's been doing well all day. His vent rate is still pretty high (60), but his O2 has been as low as 23% and as high as 30%-this compared to 60%-80%. He looks much more comfortable. We did find out, just moments ago, that he has a respiratory infection. His cultures from a few days ago came back with some type of bacteria growth. I can't remember the exact name right now, but they are putting him in "isolation." All that means is that he will have screens around him and the nurses will have to wear protective clothing when taking care of him. Jaime's been on precautionary antibiotics, and he's acting "normal," so I think he's getting better. That's probably why he had all of those issues the last few days.
As for tomorrow, his bronchial scope is scheduled for 2:30. He's having a few different procedures between ENT and Pulm. We met with Pulm. today, ENT came early before we got there, but they called us to discuss everything. Jaime will physically be going to the OR on the 3rd floor. It's the first time he'll be leaving the floor since he got there. The drs. aren't overly concerned about his infection, as I said earlier, they have been treating it all along. If he needs something invasive, they will wait until his cultures come back negative. By the way, they will be cleaning his air way and drawing new cultures in the OR tomorrow, too.
So, that's the update! Time for dinner-it gets crazy around here with all of the new people floating about, we have to rush to get food or we don't eat!
Take care, I'll post more after the procedure tomorrow, wish us luck!
Love,
Sheryl
P.S. Carter, Jaime's Pod-mate is set to have a heart cath tomorrow, send some good thoughts his way, too! Thanks! :-)

Hey Sheryl. I follow another CDH blog, baby Gia, and she just moved into Ronald McDonald house yesterday. They are still expecting. I told them you were awesome. Not sure if you all have met or not, but her website is on my page!! Glad to hear Jaime is doing better today! I think he likes some attention. :-)
ReplyDeleteAsh
Sheryl & Tom,
ReplyDeleteOur prayers are with all of you for good news tomorrow! Jaime is a tough guy!
Prayers also for Carter, another tough guy!
I hope you all had some dinner tonight, hopefully the RMH will figure that out.
The 3rd floor, I have been there many times, they are wonderful.
Thanks Sheryl for the picture and text today, seeing Jaime makes my day, but he is so much cuter in person!
Blessings!
Jeanie & Ryan
Oh, I hope the bronchial infection isn't anything too serious. I hope y'all were able to get some rest tonight, and I pray that y'all get good news tomorrow. Thinking of you always!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Stephanie
Sheryl, I'm still having nightmares from all those yellow gowns-yuck! So glad this infection isn't bothering Jaime, he's such a tough little guy. Prayers always, but especially for tomorrow that the scope goes well. I hear the CDH community is growing at RHM. Oh how I wish we could come out and visit with you all. I'll have to figure out if it's possible.
ReplyDeleteAwaiting good news on Jaime and Carter's big days tomorrow.
Love,
Sue
cp:Emilyishere