

Hi,
Sorry I didn't post last night, I was up at the hospital late. Not because anything was wrong, but because Mr. Jaime decided to be WIDE awake until after 1:00 A.M. Then, we heard that he woke up again at 4:00 A.M., Silly Boy! His nurse, Emily, brought him a new purple pacifier, he was loving it! Thanks, Emily!
Jaime's been keeping his nurses busy with his dressing changes, a blood transfusion and breathing tube issues. They discovered that when he wiggles-and he wiggles a lot-that he is pushing his breathing tube in further, which messes with his heart rate and his respiratory rate. They have all been on top of this, he does just fine when his tube is just right!
Today, we found out that Jaime is scheduled for surgery (again) this Friday at 8:00 A.M. (baring any unforeseen issues). He had his "bad" picc line removed and another one placed in his left arm today. Before that, the O.T. came to work with Jaime again. The nurses have also noted that Jaime is favoring his head to the right. If they do nothing about it, Jaime will be set up to have torticollis just like Jared had. So, the girls have been very adamant about correcting this before a "real" issue starts! The O.T. spent 20 mins. on working his neck muscles alone, then she moved down to his hips and legs. He tolerated this like a champ! Overall, he's doing well! We're all ready to "get this show on the road" (as Grammy always says) and have surgery behind us!
Tomorrow at 4:00 P.M., Jaime will be baptized. We met with Pastor Eric Linthicum from Grace Lutheran down here yesterday afternoon. He, ironically enough, is originally from Willoughby, he even graduated from South, just like I did! We thought what better person to baptize Jaime, then a Pastor from our home town who knows our Pastor from home! :-)
Pastor Eric has done us another favor (besides spending time with us, setting up a prayer circle for Jaime and coordinating his baptism), he found a Preschool that has a kindergarten class with openings for Jared. The director of the program came to RMH to meet with us late this afternoon, Jared will start tomorrow! We are sooooo thrilled, Jared is, too! He will be going Mon.-Fri. from 8:30 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. He will even be served lunch there. His new school is called Concordia Lutheran and it's just up the hill from here about ten minutes away.
So, that's our excitement from the last two days!
Tom's up at the hospital now, last I heard, Jaime was awake! I'll be going up there later to say good night!
This week is Nurse's Week, we'd like to take a moment to thank all of Jaime's nurses for all they have done and continue to do for him (and us)! We love you girls!
Happy Nurse's Week to all of my "Nurse Friends" back home, too! We miss you guys!
Wishing everyone a good night, please say a little prayer for Jaime and Carter (he's doing well, too) this evening. Thanks!
Hugs,
Sheryl

Glad to hear he is doing well. That will be nice for Jared and give him something to do. Really did miss your post yesterday, though.
ReplyDeleteSheryl-
ReplyDeleteI know I haven't posted, but know that I am over the moon over Jaime's progress. Please, Kiss him for me... He is such a champ! Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Praying that your little "night-owl" will get some sleep tonight. Praying he'll be ready for surgery Friday! Keeping you all in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteSheryl / Tom,
ReplyDeleteFantastic news that Jaime is slated for surgery again on Friday...let's hope this time its a "go". I know it is scary...Carrie and I are half-hoping to hear that news and half-dreading it...but it is definitely a major milestone these little fighters have to hit. Thanks again for all your support...you guys have made this experience that much more bearable to go through. Great news on Jared getting some quality kindergarten time coming up too!
Jeremy & Carrie Adler (Carter's parents)
Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers and Jean is right - you have a night owl there! He is flirting with all those nurses already!
ReplyDeleteSending Jaime Lung Function chants too,
Elizabeth
What great news! Jaime, surgery. Jared, getting some fun time!
ReplyDeleteCincinnati loves you all!
I talked to Bev tonight, she will be there with you tomorrow. Bev is the greatest!
All of you will be in our prayers, but certainly Jaime!
He is a tough little guy and Ryan is sending him lots of "survivor vibes"
Hopefully, Ryan & I can visit this weekend.
I hope you all get a good night's sleep, but I know you won't!
God bless you all,
Jeanie & Ryan