

When I went back to the hospital, Jaime was wide awake. I held him for a little while before Carrie and I went out. Tom and Jared went up after dinner. Jared held him again. I think it's a great way for the boys to finally bond. Tonight when Carrie and I came back, Jaime was all cozy and fast asleep.
I can not believe that Jaime's due date was today. I couldn't imagine just starting this process. I'm so glad that he came when he did. I keep saying that it was a little plan that Jaime and I secretly worked out! ;-)
Here's a little "full term" stat update. Jaime is just over 7lbs. and 20 1/4 inches long. His eyes are slowly darkening, I'm sure they will turn completely brown before long. His hair is still brown, just lighter and less than at birth. He does still have a lot of body hair, though. He smiles often and when he's awake, he's very alert. He likes to be held-no surprise there-he is pretty strong despite laying in a bed for 6 weeks. Today, Dr. Lim removed his umbilical cord-he asked me if I wanted to keep it, I, of course was grossed out and said no. HA!
And finally, Jaime LOVES all of the wonderful nurses who care for him! Thanks, girls, Jaime wouldn't be here today without all of you! :-)
I'm off to bed! Have a restful night!
Sheryl
P.S. Carter is doing well. He's having more things weaned off of him everyday. He'll be in the vent-free club in no time! Oh and Carrie got to hold him today, too! :-)

He is amazing - you all are amazing - glad Carter is doin well too!
ReplyDeleteWith thought and prayers,
Elizabeth