
The only change made in rounds today was to put Jaime on 1 liter nasal canula. So far, so good!
In other exciting news, Jaime took a total of 26mls (30mls is one ounce) from a bottle today. I gave him his bottles all by myself today. I have to hold him sitting up, which is a little weird, but works for him. He tires easily which makes it slow going, but none the less, it's going!
After rounds Carrie and I went to "Salon." It's an Aveda Salon. We both got hair cuts and pedicures. It was so nice to be pampered (if only for a moment), especially given what we've both been through! It was a fun trip away from the hospital! Thanks Carrie for being my salon buddy, but really, YOU could have paid for ME! After all, I had to make the appointments and drive...not to mention pick you up on the corner because your pedi/flip flop broke! HA! Only you, girl, only you!!!! :-)
After "Salon," Nana and Papa came for a visit. Nana held Jaime for the very first time! They came down here for the night and are going up to Cleveland to visit Jared and Tom tomorrow. Once Jaime had a bottle, we put him down for a nap. We went to Covington, KY where they are staying. We ran into a "Goetta Fest." We ate brats and Goetta balls. They were delicious. I'd love to tell you what they are, but I'm not sure even WE knew entirely what they were. HA! It was nice to be out in the fresh air for a bit, especially considering we had such horrific storms here yesterday. (The tornado sirens were going off at 2:15 A.M...SCARY.)
That's it for now! I'm off to bed.
Love,
Sheryl

Sheryl, I am happy for you and Jaime that he's doing so well with the oral feeds. If I'm going to be honest, I must say that I am a bit jealous of him(and other cdher's ability to take at least some milk/food (oraly). In Cincy I was led to believe that complete oral aversion was the norm. Now I know that isn't true. If I could go back in time I wouldn't change the CDH, but I would change how Emily's feeding was handled. I'm very happy that you are having this "normal" experience with Jaime. He is doing so well, I'm very proud of your fighting little boy!
ReplyDeleteA pedicure sure sounds good!