Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Early Post!!!


Here's my post for tonight, I thought I'd do it early for those of you (MOM) who can't wait to read it...HA!

No changes were made for Jaime in rounds today. I did show the drs. a box of rice cereal during rounds and asked if I could give it to Jaime. They actually entertained the thought of it, then said no. I was totally kidding, their reaction was not only priceless, it was predictable. Before I did it, I told Noelle (OT) and Ann (SP) that I was going to and that I'd bet the drs. would think about it for a minute. It's been decided that after 71 days in the RCNIC, I've earned my right to poke fun at the drs. from time to time! They are absolutely awesome, we love our entire CDH team, without them we wouldn't have made it 71 days!!!

Overall, Jaime had a good day. We changed Jaime's nipple to a slow flow and he took 6mls of a bottle for me this afternoon, which was awesome.
He spent the last 3 hours being really fussy. He managed to poop, threw up and pooped again. Of course, he threw up all over both of us. He's FINALLY resting comfortably now. Oh and as a side note, Jaime is weighing over 9lbs. these days! He's 10 weeks old today, too!

As for the boys back home, I heard that they went to the pool today and are now at VBS. Jared told me that he watched the Weather Channel and that there were storms at home AND in Cincinnati. It's nice to know that he's watching Cinci's forecast for me! HA! The storms are in the area, but haven't quite started here yet.

In other news, I just got word from Tom's mom that they are planning on coming for a visit tomorrow. I think it's a great idea because it will be much easier to visit Jaime without Jared around. After a quick visit down here, they are going to Cleveland to see the boys! Hope you guys have a safe trip...

To quote my Grandma M. "that's about it, not much else is new."

Love,
Sheryl

P.S. Tomorrow Jaime will be trying 1 liter. As a reminder full feeds + a 1/2 liter = home! Fingers crossed that all goes well! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Jaime sure has made a lot of progress recently...super exciting!! Looks like you be home really soon.
    Thanks for continuing to check in on Emily. I REALLY appreciate your long didstance support :-) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have concluded that Jamie has really HUGE Italian eyes, great smile, and looks like a lover. Great to see him happy, and glad to hear he's "pooping". Just can't wait to get him home with his big brother (and yes, the two of you also). Take care, missing you all. Our love, Dale, Majken, and the Mom's

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.