

So, I went up to the hospital for my usual late night visit. (I went up with Beth, Carter #2's mom, by the way, Beth, Carter is a doll, even with the grimace on his face!) And I walked in to Jaime being awake and his pump poll being down to 3 pumps with only 1 of them running and that was his feeds. I couldn't believe it. I knew that the TPN's and Lipids were being d/c'd due the feeds going up as well as Jaime's weight...LOL, but I didn't realize the picc line would be capped and the pumps would be eliminated.
The pictures show Jaime's bedside at 2 days of life and tonight, at 47 days of life.
We've come a long way in 47 days...we know we have a long way to go, but it feels good to be this far rather than just starting the process if Jaime had been full term.
Anyways, just thought I'd share the photos, one with an extremely high level of life support and one without so much life support.
It's amazing to compare the two. I'm just hoping that Jaime stays status quo and we don't have to go back to all of those pumps and drips, as well as the vent.
I'm signing off for the evening....good night!

Jaime is kicking serious CDH butt, isn't he??? Man, he's come so far... What a blessing! I'm so proud of all of you! You give us so much hope!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Stephanie
Hi guys,
ReplyDeleteI just discovered your blog and thought I would introduce myself, since I'm from right here in NKY as well. My name is Trisha Glahn and my husband's name is Dirk. In April, 2008, we were blessed with the birth of our little boy, Ethan. Ethan was born with a left sided CDH and, to spare all of the details on here, spent just about 6 weeks there at the RCNIC at Cincinnati Children's. In case you are interested his webpage is http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/EthanGlahn. I just wanted to write to you and introduce myself and let you know that you are more than welcome to contact me for anything. Today Ethan is a healthy, loving, active 13 month old and doing just great. I have been reading about Jaime and just wanted to contact you and let you know I am praying for him and thinking about you guys. CDH babies are tough little ones and I think they put a lot of us to shame, seeing as how they fight so hard and are so strong! :-) I would love to get in touch with you and maybe introduce you to Ethan sometime. Please feel free to email me at tglahn12@yahoo.com Hope to hear from you soon!!
Trisha Glahn