
I can't start this post without saying what a trooper Jaime is. Yesterday, Jaime had to have an eye exam. He had to have his eyes dilated. Poor guy hated the drops, he hated the clips to keep his eyes open even more! He cried during it, but I have to say, just like when he got his shots on Monday, he calmed down so quickly! Unlike Jared, he passed his eye exam with flying colors! He had to have it because of the Sildenafil that he's on.
Also, he had his feeds consolidated. There was some confusion with this, but from what I understand, he's getting 3 hours of feeds over two hours in the pump. He also took another bottle yesterday. He did great with all of this. He didn't spit up yesterday, nor during the night.
Then, hematology FINALLY discontinued his prophylactic Factor. Since that was the only thing he was receiving in his picc line, he had that taken out, too. I can't wait to be able to give him a bath without needing someone hold his left arm up. Yes, in this situation, it's the small things that count! :-)
Jaime and I did have a funny little moment yesterday. I had lunch outside with Carrie (Carter A.'s mom) and Sarah (Gia's mom), which is always fun! However, my allergies are really bad, so when I came back up to the room, I was sneezing. Well, I was holding Jaime when I sneezed once. He looked up at me with his big brown eyes (yep, the eye dr. confirmed, they are BROWN) in amazement...as if he were saying, "what in the world was that?" I smiled at him, then sneezed again, this time he laughed. I laughed at him laughing, so he laughed more. It was super cute!
Back at home in Wickliffe, Tom and Jared started their Vacation Bible School at Trinity Lutheran Church. Sounds like the guys had a great time! Tom was very proud of how well the kids listened to him. (He's the VBS music director this year.)
Jared made a point to tell me that he "sung, too." I'm sorry I will miss the performance this year, but I know it will be WONDERFUL!!!
Well, I'm off to see Jaime. As of early this morning, he was status quo, tolerating his feeds. I hope that's still the case when I get there...I'm hoping to be able to feed him today.
To be continued later...
Love,
Sheryl
P.S. I LOVE this photo of Jaime...the Italian in him really comes out in it, tee, hee!

Boy is this kid cute! Hope those "brown eyes" stay brown. Glad he's doing well. By the way, I hate eye drops also. Dale and Majken
ReplyDeleteHave I said how amazing Jaime is? He is! But he comes from an amazing family! I know you treasured that laugh!
ReplyDeleteKeeping you all in my thoughts and prayers,
Elizabeth