Yes, this is about all we heard for HOURS today from Mr. Jaime. Part of it was him being exhausted because he only slept for 4 hours in a 24 hour period (NO LIE, the nurses and I looked it up) and the other part was because his feeds were stopped due to his MRI. Poor guy!
He had to be sedated, at the highest dose from what I hear, for his MRI. He was still asleep when I left. YEA! He's FINALLY getting rest...and food again. I did get to walk him into the hall to put him in his transport bed, it was pretty neat. I know, a dumb thing, but it felt good to have Jaime BRIEFLY off of the monitor to walk him in the hall. (It really IS the little things that matter in the NICU).
Other than the MRI, I met with the Home Care Nutritionist today. She was very nice. I also made an appointment with the car seat installer for Thursday evening. Speaking of appointments, I made Jaime's first Cleveland one with Dr. Hellerstein (Jared's pediatrician) for next Thursday. Jaime will be 3 months old. That was an interesting phone call with the scheduler. She actually said our situation was "weird." Really? Weird? Huh!
Anyway, I also met with Julie (RN, Discharge Coord.), we went over all of Jaime's medications! I'm telling you that little man is taking more stuff than anyone I know! (I'm sure you other CDH mom's can relate!) We're trying to put him on a home going schedule. He will have to be fed at 1:00 A.M. and 4:00 A.M. I asked if we can skip those if he's sleeping, they said no and that I'd have to put him on the pump. He's still 9lbs 3 oz and has been for weeks. Most 12 week olds are way bigger.
Well, that's about all...I'm off to dinner and then to Target to pick up a few things for Jaime. (Thanks, David Lamb for the Target Gift Card, it will definitely come in handy tonight!)
Good night....

Home ...what a great four letter word! It will be so neat to have ALL of you back safe and sound. Glad this little boy is eating, can't wait to get him home with Jared so little Joe can come over and all three boys can build a Lego Village. Joe is planning to teach Jamie how to talk (he's thinking it will take a couple of weeks). Well, that's it for now, missing you from Willoughby. Love, Dale and Majken
ReplyDelete:-)
ReplyDeletethat's all i have to day about that. :-)
Ash
Sheryl,
ReplyDeleteThat is GREAT newes. I will stop by on Friday afternoon to see you. Let me know what time would be best.
I am heading to Willoughby on Sunday for a few days.
Blessings, Pastor Eric