Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 6, 2009

New Room/New Holders








Not much new news to report on Jaime. He's still the same, not better, not worse. So, since there's not much news to report, I thought I'd post some pics of his new room and of the first people that held him "extubated" ...besides the nurses and the three of us! The picture of Jaime being weighed shows that he is 3870 grams which is roughly 8 lbs 8 oz...he's a BIG boy!

Titi came in for the weekend while Tom and Jared were away. She came to visit and hold Jaime last night. Bev came on Thursday to hold him. The funny thing about Jaime is that he peed on Bev when she held him and he pooped on Titi. So, let this just be a warning to any of you who are planning a visit to "hold" him....LOL!!!

Also, I added a few pics of Jared playing on his swing set and in our living room with his Thomas the Train set. He's THRILLED to be home! He had a blast at his kindergarten picnic. Thank you to EVERYONE who donated money for our family at Wickliffe Elementary School!

Enjoy the photos from another "status quo" day!

-Sheryl

2 comments:

  1. That is great about Jaime's weight. He still doesn't look like a porker to me though. That is hysterical about his bodily functions. I Hope you enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable! I'd like to come tomorrow to visit, if that's ok. I heard you were getting pampered today!
    Great pictures, I think I saw the one of Bev by mistake the other night ;)
    Your room is huge, it looks so nice, well for a hospital room.
    Jared looks so happy to be home!
    Jaime will need a haircut soon!
    Hope to see you tomorrow! Graeter's??
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.