Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

4 Liters...AGAIN!




Today was uneventful for the most part. It was decided in rounds to try Jaime on 4 liters O2 again. Remember a few days ago when I posted that the drs. were going to wean his O2 down every other week? HA! These drs. sure like to change things up for us!
So, after rounds was over, Tom and I discussed with Tammy (Jaime's nurse)about going down to 4.5 liters first and then to 4.0. I'm not sure if the drs. know that we did this, but it worked. Jaime is currently on 4 liters satting in the high 90's. He was even holding at 100%. Woohoo! (Let's hope it lasts this time!)
Jaime also had his PT, OT and ST today. He, once again was a SUPER STAR when it came to his tastes. He sucked the syringe down again. We're all hoping he'll "fly" when it comes time to really feed him.

While we were at the hospital, Jared was at Art Camp. He LOVED it! He came home colored in paint and markers. He told us about all of the stuff they got to do...sounds like a great time! He'll be there the rest of the week, then he has a different camp starting next week.

After dinner, Tom went back to the hospital and Jared and I watched a performance at RMH. The performers had all of the kids up movin' and groovin', they even let them play instruments, it was cute!
When Tom came home, I went up to see Jaime again. I cut his nails, took some photos, changed him and rocked him to sleep. I just got back from there now! He's doing good! (Good in CDH world, not good as in we're coming home soon!)
In the first two photos you can see Jaime holding his favorite "toy," his monitor cords! You can see that he doesn't have his feeding tube in either...oops, lost it again! LOL!!! The nurse replaced it and re-taped his face, too. The last picture is of him falling asleep on my lap, he had been smiling with his eyes closed, I was trying to capture that...no such luck!

So, that's about all...like I said not much news!

Good night, all!

Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.