Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Scary News....




At the end of every "round" the doctors ask if I have any questions. At first, I said "no" today, then I said I did have a question..."where exactly do you want Jaime to be in order to go home?" Dr. Crombleholme said, "we're VERY CLOSE." He predicted a week or so. YIKES!!!!
I, of course told them that Jared had LEGO Camp, July 6th-10th, so we wouldn't be going anywhere until the 10th. HA!
Today's changes were to wean Jaime completely from the nasal canula and to bolus his feeds over 30 min. When I cam back to RMH for dinner, Jaime was at 1/2 liter and had already received 2 30 min. bolus feeds. He has tolerated them so far. Oh and thus far, he's consumed 48mls orally, that's just a little over an 1 ounce and a half. Woohoo!!!

Nana and Papa came back for a visit this morning before heading to Cleveland. Papa got to hold Jaime for the very first time! After they left, Tom and Jared called. Jared wanted to talk to Jaime...hence the photo of the phone next to Jaime! HA!
We can't wait to see Jared and Tom again.

Other than his visitors, phone call and bottles, Jaime had a bath. So, now he's full AND smells good! :-)The rest of the day he has been chillin' and digesting!

I'm going down for dinner, you know we're on a schedule here at the house!

Have a nice evening,

Sheryl

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your exciting news ! What a great gift Jaime is. Wishing you nothing but good luck with this new journey. I love seeing the pics.
    I will be going in this Wed. to have Celia, but I will be checking in to see how Jaime and the rest of your family are doing.
    With lots of prayers and love,
    Christy Michel
    mommy to CDH Angel
    Drake Alexander Michel

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA! Good news - home is in the near future! How exciting. Can't wait to hug this little boy, and sit for both the kids while you and Tom go out for dinner. Our love and prayers, Dale and Majken and little Joey (who arrived last night).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome news!!! Jaime is doing so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) Awesome news... I bet it was kind scary for sure. You guys will do great! Still thinking of you and mister jaime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! And yes, you had so many doubters - but I always say that parents if they go with thier hearts and gut know exactly what is best.

    Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers and sending Sir Jaime LUNG FUNCTION chants!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful news!!!!! I am so excited for you all! I haven't posted much, but have been following Jaime's journey daily, and am so happy to see how well he has progressed! I can't wait to hear all about how well he is doing at HOME where he belongs!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.