
What an incredibly busy day! We had someone in the room starting at 10:00 A.M., when I first got there until after 7:00 P.M. (I made Carrie leave at 8:00 P.M. with me for an hour for dinner, then we went back to put the boys to bed.)
During rounds a little rumor was started about us being discharged on Monday, July 6th! I'm hoping this rumor becomes reality, I'm soooo ready to bring Jaime HOME!!! We had so many people in and out because there is soooo much to do. We had all of the therapists stop in to train me on things to do with Jaime at home, we also had the nurse practitioner in and out. Jaime's nurse went over some discharge stuff with me and the discharge planning nurse was in and out. We've got just about everything in order...medications, formula, home health supplies....who knew one little guy would need so much! :-)
If that wasn't "exciting" enough, Mr. Jaime decided that he wanted to show us what he could do with his feedings. He had a total of 3 oral feedings today with me. Feed #1 72mls...yep, that's right...an ENTIRE feed by mouth! (Shelly took the picture above just to document his first completed bottle.) Feed #2 was mixed with his medications, he took 20mls, we're convinced he didn't like the taste, though he will need to get used to it because he'll have to have those medications at home, too. Feed #3 60mls, 2 whole ounces! He's doing so well, he's such a different baby than he was even just a week ago!
As for minor little things, Jaime lost weight again this week. (Mondays in rounds they summarize the week before.) His feeds have been upped a bit from 72mls to 75mls every 3 hours. His Ativan dose was weaned today, too. He had higher aspirates (the amount of fluid in his tummy) today. Tonight they decreased his feeds to compensate for that. Hopefully he'll be better tomorrow and back to normal feeds.
Tomorrow Jaime will have a "baseline" MRI at 3:00 P.M. I think he will be so excited to take a "road trip." Poor guy doesn't have a clue as to what the "real world" looks like! I imagine there will be more discharge discussion tomorrow, too.
That's about all for now. The boys are set to come back to Cincinnati on Wednesday! It will be great to see them. We really miss them, it's so strange and eerily quiet without Jared around here.
Anyway, I'm off to bed...the goal is to be in bed before 1:00 A.M.
Good night...

July 6th is a wonderful day as it is my birthday! :-) I pray that you will be bringing your sweet little guy home soon!!! :-) So glad to hear the good news!
ReplyDeleteAsh
Jaime is amazing! I can't believe how much he has changed since my last visit!
ReplyDeleteYou are one great mommy, Sheryl!
Jaime will do so well at home and so will you!
P.S. Nice sunburn, we'll have to go get some more sun before you leave!
Jeanie
yay! hope all goes well!
ReplyDeletelots of love candice