


We hope that all of the Fathers out there had a wonderful Father's Day, especially our Dads, Frank and Al! We love you guys! :-)
Tom spent his 1st Father's Day as a father of two, driving home to Wickliffe. Although we didn't do anything special today, I'm sure his was good simply because he got to spend it at HOME! He has Jared, too who made it an interesting ride home...stopping several times! HA! We're glad you're safe and sound in Wickliffe, but Jaime and I miss you guys already!
Speaking of Jaime, we had quite the relaxing day. Jaime was up just about the entire morning and afternoon. He's been fast asleep since early this evening. I'm at his bedside now, I figured I have nothing else to do and it's much more interesting being in the RCNIC then sitting alone at RMH.
One big exciting thing we did today was rearrange his room. When I say "we" I mean Cayse and I, Jaime just watched us wondering what was going on. He got a bigger crib and the way it's positioned now allows for him to watch TV. One wouldn't think this mattered, but Jaime cried twice when I turned the TV off while he was awake. It was too funny! His channel of choice...Noggin.
Other than that, things around here are pretty uneventful...thank goodness! Rumor has it that Jaime will be turned down to 2 liters tomorrow! Let's hope he flies with that because then we can work towards oral feeds. By the way, he's still doing AWESOME with his "tastes." I did it with him today using a nipple from a bottle rather than his pacifier and he LOVED it! The sad thing about that is, he tires very easily from it. Who knew a simple, natural thing could take so much out of him? I'm told this is the norm with these little CDH'ers.
Well, I'm off, I was here until 3:30 A.M. last night/this morning, so I figured I better leave a little earlier than that tonight. Jaime is sleeping on his tummy and Heidi is here, so we know he's in good hands!
HAPPY SUMMER!!!!
Love,
Sheryl
P.S. The photos show Jaime looking at his Bumble Bee toy at 3:00 A.M., his new room set up and him staring up at the TV.

Too cute! He will get there - remember he wasn't born and allowed to latch on - he has been through a whole lot so far. He will get there with his feeds. Time - sigh - that one word becomes a four letter word to us all!
ReplyDeleteKeeping you all in my thoughts and prayers,
Elizabeth
Go Jaime!
Thanks for the "good news" text. I can't wait to read your next update!
ReplyDeleteLots of love & praying!
Jeanie