Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

4-8-09


Happy 60th Birthday, Dad! (AKA Poppy!) We hope you had a great time at dinner tonight! We miss you guys!!!! (Here's a pic of Poppy, Jared & Stacy (AKA, Titi) from our celebration in Cleveland)

So, we just finished a delicious Bob Evans dinner courtesy of Jenn! Thank you sooooo much, our bellies are so incredible full right now, I can't even tell you how many left overs we have! :-)
We're so glad that you kept our dinner at the same restaurant even though we moved because we found the Blue Ash library where I'm able to post a little and get some homework done!
Tom and I have discovered that Ronald McDonald House does not have the most reliable internet, so we've been without it since my post yesterday. They aren't sure when it will be back up, so communication from us might be sporadic.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know that tomorrow is another day of checking my fluid levels and Jaime's heart. Jared is having a blast at the house and I think Tom's been having just as much fun! I spent just about the entire day in bed, like I'm supposed to (other than for now) and the bed is really comfy, so I didn't mind at all!
I'll try to post more when I can!
For now, I must get some homework done!

Hope all is well back home!

Sheryl

P.S. I took some photos of the house, I may try to get those up on the blog, too when I'm done with homework.

2 comments:

  1. Sheryl,
    I can't believe you are living in my old "home". It's so weird to see your pictures of the place. Looks like the kitchen has had some remodeling since June. I see you have a "deluxe" room with a bulletin board and tv, two luxuries I didn't have. :) Two very friendly people who might still be working there are Ned and Beth. Are you in the new wing? My room was #32 at the top of the stairs across from the library.
    Sometimes I had better luck using an ethernet cable instead of the wireless to get internet access. Also, the Family Resource Center at CCHMC over the cafeteria has computers available and a library for researching medical conditions as well as books to help cope during these difficult times. One last place for internet access is B3-Day Surgery, bring your ethernet cable.
    Talk to ya soon.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are resting - and eating well too!

    Does your laptop have wireless? Sometimes in congested areas you can find other networks to log on...it all depends though on what is available and best you are in bed typing than hauling everything somewhere!

    Keeping you all in my thoughts, prayers and Lung Function chants,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.