Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 17, 2009

Jaime Update





Hello Friends and Family,

So far, today has been a "good" day for Jaime. The drs. took him off of the oscillator vent and had him on a regular vent for about 3 or 4 hours. He looked really good, but his blood gases said otherwise, so, they put him back on the oscillator. He's stable again.

I got to visit Jaime (and touch him for the first time) this afternoon. He's so handsome, he looks just like Jared when he was a new born. I asked the nurse how long he was, she said he was 19 1/4 inches. His feet and hands are so tiny. He really seemed to relax when he heard our voices. I was rubbing his fingers and that helped him relax, too! My visit was very limited due to the tremendous amount of pain I'm in. Who knew, having a reduction and c-section hours apart would make me feel so horrible? I'm hoping that we can time the pain meds right tomorrow so that I can be there longer. We're also hoping to get Jared, my sister and mom to come down for a visit tomorrow, too! (We really miss Jared!)

Please continue to keep our little Jaime in your prayers and enjoy the new photos!

Love,
Sheryl

6 comments:

  1. I thought in the pictures from yesterday that Jaime looked like Jared. :-) Glad he is doing "good". (when people ask how Ia m doing I do air quotes too. :-) ) Hoping that your recovery is speedy so you can be there with your little guy. He is sooo cute! Much love and many prayers.
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is absolutely beautiful! It is sooooo great to hear that he is doing "good". I pray to God that the day will come when parents of CDH babies don't have to go thru what we do. We are definately praying for Jaime--and that your "ride" is much smoother than you expect!! Take care of yourself, Sheryl. I know how it feels to not allow yourself time to heal because you gotta be in that NICU! We are praying hard for you little man, too..

    Much love and Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful baby! So happy to read that Jaime is stable and doing good. Hope you are up on your feet soon and can spend some more time with Jaime...do take it easy this next week and let your body heal and rest too. Many prayers that Jaime has a very good weekend and continues to remain stable!!

    Tracy - Ian's mom from Cherubs

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that hair - most CDH babes have a head full. He is adorable! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you and Jamie the best. He looks great, as do you, and honestly my own kids were only a bit over 19 inches, well, long time ago.

    Good thoughts coming your way from NSB.
    Chas.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.