
Hello All,
After visiting with Jaime all afternoon-and watching him sleep all day, we decided to leave the car at the hospital and walk back to RMH. We had dinner and then walked back to see Jaime. We found his nurse by his side taking off his monitors to reposition them and she found more peeling spots of skin from the adhesives. No one is really sure what's going on with Mr. Jaime, but a dr. came in, Kate asked to give Jaime Morphine because he was "crying," we all knew it had to hurt him. Tom and I tried to console him while we waited for the Morphine. Jaime was very alert and we did get him calm by rubbing him and swaddling him. Simply him hearing our voices seemed to help. Once he got the Morphine, he drifted off to his "happy place." We're hoping he stays there most of the night, so not to feel his exposed blistered skin.
Tomorrow, dermatology is supposed to be consulted on Jaime's case. As for the CDH, Jaime's doing well! His sats are great and his o2 is in the low 30's. We're just waiting for surgery. We imagine that tomorrow will be busy with pre-op stuff, so we're going to try and get to the hospital fairly early. We're also going to get Jaime anointed by the hospital Chaplain. We will set up a procedure, where Jaime can have an emergency baptism if need be, but we've decided to hold off on that for now. Actually, I did call a priest from the church we went to on Sunday, but he seemed very reluctant to baptize Jaime. Apparently, the priests from the local churches don't really do that around here, they leave it up to the Chaplains at the hospital. I was shocked by this because back home, that is not the case at all. Anyway, like I said, Jaime will be having a pre-op anointing.
In other hospital news, Tom and I ran in to Carrie and Jeremy, Carter's parents, in the hall today. Carter is critical, but stable. He's very sensitive to touch and sound, as are most CDH babies...Jaime's quite the exception from what we hear.
Anyway, Carrie looked WONDERFUL for just giving birth yesterday and Jeremy was starting to come down with something! Join me in sending well wishes their way! (By the way, Carrie and Jeremy, Carter is so incredibly handsome!)
Time to wrap up this post, as it's getting late and we're going to go to the hospital early. I hope everyone has a great night!
~Sheryl

What a great photo - I hope they find out what is causing these reactions to the tape! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers,
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
Sheryl I am so sorry about these blisters Jaime got from the tape. Our daughter Ava also has a tape reaction. Her skin gets irritated and starts to blister. The ONLY tape we can use on her is the sating tape and tegaderm. AND even then we have to watch those site really good....checking a couple of timees a day. You MUST keep the nurses in constant watch of this. It is a very bad allergy. PLEASE, PLEASE watch the areas around the IV sites (picc lines, hickmann lines, any regular IV? Ava also got a 3rd degree burn on her arm from a picc line dressing. It was one of the hardest things we have ever had to deal with....emotionally HORRIBLE as you are already experiencing.
ReplyDeleteIf you have any immediate questions please email me at mycdhlife@gmail.com This tape allergy is So frustrating and scarey. Know that I've been there and am saying prayers for Jaime as I type...and you both as well.
~Terri Helmick