Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We Just Got Something to do Today!

So, we've been quite bored today, in fact, it's 2:30 and Jared is still in his pj's. Well, my cell phone just rang...it was Allison our Social Worker from Children's Hospital. She told us that Ronald McDonald House just called her and said that our room is ready! She couldn't believe it...neither can we! We were told it would take weeks before we could get in! From what I understand because I'm on bed rest, they will give us a TV, microwave and refrigerator (for Jared's medication, mostly) and we have a medium room with two double beds. I don't know what that means, but none the less, we'll be in there.
They requested that we come between 4:00 P.M. and 5:00 P.M. today to get oriented and move in! We're very excited, a little sad that we're going to give up our 2 rooms, but it will be nice to be closer to the hospital and Jared will have more to do there.
So, as I said, we now have something to do today, we get to move yet again!

I'll let you know the info there when we're moved in!

Wish us luck that everything fits in one trip there...YIKES!

More later....

Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.