Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Last Appointment in Cleveland!



Well, today was my last appointment in Cleveland. It was sort of bittersweet! Everyone has been very kind. All of the ultra sound techs came in and scanned me to see Jaime "one last time." All of the girls in the office hugged me and wished me luck, including Dr. Corteville! They all asked me to update them when Jaime is here!

Having said that...the ultra sound was kind of long because Mr. Jaime decided that it was more important to sleep than to show his "practice breathing." He's measuring about 35 wks., I'm 32 wks. He's 5 lbs. 6 oz., give or take! My fluid is back up to 30cm. (Bummer!) Also, we saw lung today, his LHR (lung-to-head ratio) is still 0.9, not great, but the drs. in Cincinnati said that the LHR doesn't mean a whole lot for right-sided babies. I'm just encouraged that we saw any lung at all. Oh and eventually, Jaime showed off his breathing and passed his BPP (Biophysical profile).

I did have my MRI yesterday, I should have the results later this week...that was a grueling hour and a half in the machine. Jaime wiggled and moved just about as much as he possibly could so that the drs. couldn't get good images! (We think he's over all of these tests, too!)

Anyway, Dr. Corteville is putting a Cincinnati package together for me to pick up on Saturday. She also said that Cinci will probably drain my amniotic fluid again because it's high again (I was drained at 34cm, like I said, I'm 30cm today). The other option is pre-term labor. That's exactly WHY we're leaving on Sunday!

Here's the last pic of Jaime in Cleveland. I will let you know when I receive the MRI results, but I'm not sure how accurate they will be since Jaime wasn't quite cooperating!

Take care and thank you for all of the prayers!

Love,
Sheryl

6 comments:

  1. I think Maxton's been playing with those blue balloons all night. :-) At least that is what I dreamed about last night. Hoping that your fluid regulates a little on it's own so no draining is neccessary! Thinking of you and hoping he will stay put for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're thinking of you and praying that Jaime stays where he is for just a little while longer. You're so close!!!

    Stephanie
    Kamryn's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheryl,

    Glad to hear Jaime passed his BPP. Those can definitely sometimes be a "waiting game". We waited for 40 minutes during Carter's first BPP before he started practicing breathing.

    I know its tough to leave the comfort of your local doctors in Cleveland, but I think Cincinnati will become a home away from home...we've certainly met some nice people there so far.

    Take care,

    Jeremy and Carrie Adler

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you as you get ready to go to Cincinnati!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear that Jamie passed his BPP. i actually went to Cincinnatti at 24 weeks, but was referred to UCSF for the TO surgery and ultimiate delivery of my angel Addison. You are in great hands in Cincinnatti!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and glad to see you are headed to Cincinnati this weekend! Many prayers that Jaime stays put for awhile longer, so he continue to get stronger for the battle that lies ahead of him and no pre-term labor for you.

    Hugs, Tracy Meats - mom to Ian, born with a LCDH on 4/3/04

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.