Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 10, 2009

Our First Visitors!

Hello,
Today was uneventful...at least for me. I spent the day laying in bed and doing homework, I'm all caught up through next week. We finally figured out a good solution to the internet issue...broadband!

Anyway, our first visitors came today. Tom's parents came for the weekend. They live in Northwest Indiana, so it was a bit of drive (about 6 hours), but none the less they are here safe and sound. They are staying at a hotel about 2 miles away. In fact, Jared is spending the night at their hotel tonight. It's his first sleep over ever with his Nana and Papa. He was SUPER excited (we were, too)! I've continued to go forward with my homework and Tom took a trip to Radio Shack to buy some cables to hook up the Game Cube and try to fix the reception on the room TV. Both have worked and he was even able to hook up our portable DVD player to the TV so we can watch videos on a big screen, not just the little one. (Jared will be thrilled!)

I'm still having contractions with any little movement. I've left our room 3 times today, (about a 1/2 hour total). Tom and I decided tonight that I look like I swallowed a regulation size basketball...ok, maybe a basketball blown up too much! Oh and I'm waddling like a duck....perfect if I were to go outside in the rain today...HA!
That's about all for now!
I hope you all have a good, restful night (I know that Tom will because Jared won't be kicking him in the back tonight, tee, hee!)

Good Night,
Sheryl

2 comments:

  1. hehe, i had the duck waddle down perfect when I was pregnant... I miss those days.. hehe. Glad to hear you have some company. I'm hoping the contractions chill out a little. Hope you guys get some rest tonight in your new "home".
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss waddling. I felt more like a beached whale with Nayeli.
    get rest and hope you get foot massages.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.