




So, Tom and I went up for a quick visit tonight to say good-night to Jaime, well, Jaime's nurse Kim had other plans for us! She said it was "bath time" and that Tom and I were going to be the ones doing it! We were both thrilled and nervous at the same time. Kim helped us by removing most of his wires and washing his hair, it was up to Tom and I to do the rest! After feeling helpless the last few days (actually my entire pregnancy since diagnosis), we felt very helpful tonight! What a great feeling to finally have a moment taking care of our baby!
Here are some pics from our "event" tonight. Jaime tolerated the washing very well, his numbers even went up a little, meaning he liked what we were doing. I just called up there a little bit ago, Kim said he was still doing well. "Well" in terms of critical, intensive care, CDH, premie, hemophiliac, well! :-)
Jaime's nurses and doctors have be so wonderful with him...and us! We are so thankful that we made it down here to get the best care we think we can for Jaime.
Thank you all so much for the kind thoughts and prayers! Jaime has a very long, winding road ahead of him, all we can do is continue to hope and pray that his path traveled will provide the least amount of bumps in it along the way.
Love and hugs to all!
Sheryl
P.S. Here is a link to all of the photos of Jaime to date. http://picasaweb.google.com/pjtrost/JaimeAlbertTrost?feat=directlink
And here is a link to Photos of what Big Brother Jared has been up to while in Columbus...enjoy! http://web.me.com/sbuttari/Site_14/Welcome.html

Jaime is just too precious.. i love all that hair. I am so glad he is doing well. We think of you guys often and can't wait for updates!!! :-) Much love and many prayers. Let me know if there is anything you need!
ReplyDeleteAsh
Nothing is better than the smell and feel of freshly washed baby hair!So glad you guys had a fun bath!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Shelley
Very precious pictures and so happy you are already involved in his cares...that just shows he is doing "well" and very strong. Praying that his journey is easy and he just keeps getting stronger with each passing day to get to his surgery.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Tracy - Ian's mom from CHERUBS
Look at all that hair! What is it with CDH boys and lots of hair? Glad he is doing well. He is so precious.
ReplyDeleteI can't get over the hair! I'm so glad you had a chance to care for him, and I know that had to help you out emotionally. We won't stop praying. Keep up the good work Jaime!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Stephanie
Brooke and *Kamryn's Mommy
I can see the pride beaming from your faces for your little Jaime. He is so precious. There's nothing like giving your baby a bath to feel like contributing parents. Kim is a fabulous nurse and she's all about baths and getting the babies dressed (when they are stable enough). I see that Jaime is residing in Emily's old D Pod . She was in the corner, bed 4. Seeing glimpses of her old surroundings makes me a little sad. Although going through CDH was horrible, this hospital gave us hope and our daughter, she was born there too! I don't ever want to be in a NICU again, but if I had to..this is definately the place.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to hearing more good news updates about Jaime.
Take care.
Love,
Sue
This is awesome. Glad you all felt in control of something. And Sir Jaime is doing awesome!
ReplyDeleteWith thoughts, prayers, and Lung Function chants,
Elizabeth