Hello All,
So, Mr. Jaime had a rough start to his day. His blood gases were not good at all. He was retracting (pulling his chest in at the ribs, below the breastbone) and his blood pressure was low. I, of course contributed it to holding him last night, but the drs. said that was not the case at all and that this is pretty typical behavior for a CDH babe! The head surgeon said that Jaime was doing "awesome" for being a 9 day old CDH preemie. That made Tom and I feel better! (Tom said as long as Dr. Crombleholme is happy and not worried, then he wouldn't be. I feel differently, I'm worried about EVERYTHING with that little guy-Tom says it's the hormones...LOL!)
We told Jaime that he is not allowed to scare us like that again! :-)
In other Jaime news...Jared got to do some care with Jaime. He helped change his diapers and the nurse showed him how to do Jaime's "mouth care." Jared loved helping out. When he was done helping, the respiratory therapist made Jared a tent under the cabinet, he loved it! He hung out there most of the time when we were at the hospital.
When we weren't at the hospital today, we went to the Newport Aquarium in Kentucky. They had the coolest turtle area and tanks that you walked under. Jared got to "pet" 2 sharks and Tom loved the frogs! We all really enjoyed ourselves...we needed that!
After the aquarium we went to see Jaime. Jared picked out a penguin for Jaime at the aquarium, so we had to bring it to him. (the aquarium had a ton of penguins, too.) I got to give Jaime his first mani/pedi-no Titi, I did NOT paint his toes (and I did take Jared's toe polish off, too...LOL).
Here at RMH, they hung the swings in the play area, so Jared played outside after our visit and before dinner. It was so warm here today, it felt good to be outside!
After dinner, we headed back to see Jaime. He was all snug as a bug in a rug in one of his onesies that we bought him. His rates were all PERFECT and we hope to keep it that way tonight. Ashley, his nurse said that they would! :-)
We love our nurses there...have I mentioned that yet? :-)
Oh, and I can not end this post without letting Miss Emily Kosik (LCDH 1/22/08) know that the CDH team told us in rounds yesterday that they were specifically told by Emily to take good care of Jaime and not let anything happen to him...thanks Emily, from Jaime! (Emily is one of Jaime's Cincinnati CDH sisters.)
Well, that's all for now. I would LOVE to post more pics of Mr. Jaime today and our visit to the aquarium, however my camera cord is M.I.A. at the moment, I'm not sure if it's in the car or at the hospital in one of my other bags...hmmmm. I'll get pics up as soon as I find it!
Take care, keep the prayers coming for Jaime's stability and strength. The drs. are still shooting for surgery on Tuesday in-spite of this morning's issues.
Thank you,
Love,
Sheryl

:-) apparently I am your blog stalker... I haven't been on much at all tonight, yet here I am, first again. :-) Thinking of you guys. Sorry Jaime had a big of blood gas scare this morning. He is just tired of having intestines in his chest. Praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteAsh
Hi Sheryl and family,
ReplyDeleteDespite Jaime's rough morning, it sounds like his day got a lot better. I'm really glad you are happy with the staff there, 'cause we LOVE them! Have you met Dr.Kingma yet? He's great too. Love that an RT made Jared his own special place to hang out. I like that Jared picked out a penguin for his brother, that's my favorite animal!!!
Have a great weekend.
Sue
Your little man is doing awesome for a CDH preemie!! Many continued prayers...hope Jaime has a good weekend and no more rough days. Keep fighting Jaime!!
ReplyDeleteTracy - Ian's mom
I'm so proud of Jaime, even though he had a rough start to the day. I think that's normal. I love reading your posts, b/c it truly inspires me and gives me so much hope. Not only for Kamryn, but for us as a family, that we'll be able to get through this, while Kamryn's in the Nicu. Your strength, love and determination is very inspiring. Keep up the good work, Jaime...
ReplyDeleteStephanie
I found your blog through another DH baby... I'm glad to see Jaime is doing better from this morning! My son was also a RCDH (which I hear is more rare than left) & he is now 2 1/2. We will pray for him to grow strong!
ReplyDeleteSo Sir Jaime has some of that unpredictablity of all CDH babes - it is normal and inspiring that his doctors and nurses are not too concerned. For the record, I was overly concerned about everything too.
ReplyDeleteGlad you all were able to enjoy the day too - Jared sounds like an amazing big brother!
Keeping you all in my thoughts, prayers and Lung Function chants,
Elizabeth