Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!













Hello Folks,

Today was a nice day. We had a few visits from the Easter Bunny...in our room and outside of our room (the volunteers here at RMH left 3 Easter baskets by our door). Nana managed to sneak a few things in for everyone, too. Jared, Tom and his parents went to church this morning and then came back for a wonderful volunteer served Easter brunch. After brunch, Jared played with Nana in the playroom for a while. Then, came up to the room to play with his new Easter toys and eat a few treats. Next, we talked to Aunt Lois and Great Grandma down in Florida. They are all doing well and enjoying their day! Finally, it was time to say "good-bye" to Nana & Papa.
It's been pretty quiet here, Jared's playing with his toys, Tom's reading and I was doing homework. We received calls from Grandma M., Mom & Dad B., Stacy & Colleen and text messages from Scott & Zenobia this afternoon, it was nice to talk/text with everyone, especially since we are so far away this Easter.

We hear that there is supposed to be an Easter dinner served in the dining room tonight at 6:00, so we'll probably attend that. Tom's planning on going to the grocery store at some point today, too.
I'm feeling OK, I just have a sinus headache that won't seem to go away and my lower left side is still hurting...all and all,I'm feeling just about the same as I have been. My appointments this week are Tuesday (AFI/NST/OB), Thursday (Hem/Occ), and Friday (AFI/NST/OB, Jaime's Hem/Occ, Echo, and surgeon meeting). One of Tom's and mine former students from Cleveland who now attends the University of Cincinnati will be watching Jared for us on Friday during our long day of appointments! (Thanks, Mary!)

Here is the link to our Easter Photos if you're interested in viewing them!

http://picasaweb.google.com/pjtrost/Easter2009InCincinnati?feat=directlink

We hope you are enjoying your Easter holiday,

Love,
Sheryl

3 comments:

  1. And Happy Easter to you too! How nice that there were 3 baskets waiting for you by your door this morning. I know this must be hard on Jared, and he seems to be handling it all so well. I'll say special prayers for you this week for all of your doctor's appts.

    Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos! Jared is too cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting!! I bought lots of funny and cute Easter stuff from Toys R Us for my kids... They absolutely enjoyed it...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.