Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 11, 2009

More Visitors & a Trip to the Zoo for Jared


Hello,
Today started off with a volunteer hosted brunch at the house. Then, Nana and Papa took Jared to the Cincinnati Zoo. While there were plenty of animals to see, Jared's favorite things were the train and crossing gates! HA!
While they were gone, Tom and I had visitors. Jeanie and Ryan Toney came to visit. Ryan is a 21 year old LCDH survivor who was treated here at Children's Hospital in Cincinnati. It was so great to meet both of them! We learned that Ryan is quite the vocalist, this impressed Tom and I so much being musicians ourselves! Hearing his story really gave us some much needed hope! Jeanie is due back here at RMH to cook dinner next Saturday! It will be great to see her again! Thanks for visiting, guys!

Later this afternoon Nana and Papa came back with Jared. They bought pulled pork sandwiches for us for dinner. They stayed and played with Jared for a little while longer, then went back to their hotel. Just after they left, there was an announcement that there was an ice cream social down in the kitchen, so we went down for a little snack before we turned in to bed. (Yes, we all have to go to bed so that Jared does.) Actually, Tom and I are really waiting for Jared to fall asleep so we can get his Easter stuff ready!

So, that was our day. It was nice to have visitors here and I got out of the room 3 times again. I had less contractions today then I had yesterday, but my left hip and leg are still very sore which makes walking very hard.

All and all it was a nice, relaxing day!

Well, Mr. Jared just fell asleep, so it's time for the Easter Bunny to come.

Wishing you all a great Easter Sunday!
Love,
Sheryl

5 comments:

  1. Yay for the easter bunny. :-) Glad to hear you had less contractions today. Hoping for the same tomorrow and maybe less soreness too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheryl,
    Sounds like you all had a very nice day. We never did get to the zoo. Take advantage of it as much as possible this spring, I'm told the tulips are beautiful. I'm sure you're aware of the free tickets through RMH, they also give away tickets for Reds games.
    I never got to meet Ryan, but I've heard of him from a RCNIC nurse, Barb G, who took care of him. Knowing about CDH survivors like him really gives us moms hope for our kids.
    Have a wonderful Easter!

    Sue

    ps the Easter Bunny will probably leave extra goodies outside your door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been a Jeanie and Ryan fan for awhile now and have come to know they are good people and that Ryan sure can sing! Glad Jared is having a good time with all this. I know it has to be hard on him, as it is on all of you too. Praying that Jaime stays safe and snug for awhile and you start feeling less pressure and contractions and the fluid levels off! Keeping you all in my prayers! Have a Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter!!!
    Love,
    Shelley, Billy, Reagan & Nolan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying fo ryou guys! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.