Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Couple of Additional Things...

Phew, class is FINALLY over! One hour turned in to nearly two hours!!!

First I want to say "thank you" to everyone who has wished us luck tomorrow. Apparently because I'm further along, there is a greater chance than before that Jaime can be delivered tomorrow. Having said that, Tom and I don't think he will be, but just to be on the safe side, we're bringing an overnight bag for both of us!

Next, I know there have been many people asking how Baby Kaden is doing, so I thought I'd add a quick update. He came off of ECMO and so far is holding his own. He's not as swollen as he was and he has beautiful light colored hair. He is still in need of your prayers, as the CDH ride is a bumpy one!

Also, Baby Ruby was born this week, she was just placed on ECMO. She had a bad night last night, but from what we've read, she had a much better day today!
Please keep her in your prayers, too!

Finally, a special "thank you" goes out to Bev and adorable Anna Luken. Anna is an 8yr. old CDH survivor who came to visit us tonight. They live in the Cincinnati area, too. It was so great to meet you girls and can't wait for our yummy dinner on Saturday! (Anna played so quietly by herself, Tom and I felt bad that Jared wasn't here to play with her!) We hope you enjoyed your ice cream, Anna!!!! :-)

As for Jared, he's doing just fine, he's probably fast asleep at Titi's house by now. We spoke to him about 40 min. ago, I was still in my class when he called, but I took a break to say good night! Thanks, Stacy for taking him for us! I think he's learning to LOVE sleep overs at his Titi's house!
Mr. Jaime is fine, too, he currently has the hiccups, poor guy, he ALWAYS has them! Oh and my contractions have slowed a bit, they are further apart than earlier.

All and all, we're good! I'm both excited and nervous about tomorrow, one way or another I know I will be a lot smaller and more comfortable than I am now! YEA!

We wish everyone a good night from Cinci, and please keep your thoughts and prayers with Kaden, Ruby, Jaime and all of the other CDH children! :-)

Love,
Sheryl

6 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck for tomorrow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheryl-

    Thank you so much for "soliciting" extra prayers for Kaden. I know I haven't posted much on your blog, but we read it every day and are keeping you and Jaime in our prayers. I pray your "ride" is much easier than ours. You think you can prepare yourself for this, but when you are living it, it is exhausting both physically and mentally. Get some rest and please keep us posted on how you two are doing. We love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheryl and Tom,

    Good luck today! Dean and I are keeping the entire Trost family in our thoughts and prayers.

    Love you guys!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you this morning.
    ((Hugs))

    Shel, Billy, Reagan & Nolan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck today guys! You all are in our thoughts and prayers and can't wait to hear the update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny, because Davis had a diaphragm irritation he has hiccups constantly. So you can tell Jared that once little Jaime comes he probably won't be alone in the hiccuping :)

    We are so excited for you. I hope you are able to have some of the joy of just being pregnant apart from the whole CDH thing... I know it's hard. We are thinking of you and can't wait to hear about Jaime!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.