Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Never a Dull Moment in this Pregnancy!

Well, today was another day of appointments. I started with my NST. Jaime passed very quickly today! In the process of monitoring Jaime, they discovered that I was having contractions 1 to 2 minutes apart. (I knew this was happening, as I can feel every single one of them!)
Anyway, from there I went to ultra sound to check my fluid and my fluid number is.....drum roll please....42.32cm! Yep, it went way up since last week.
Next was my OB appointment, I was weighed, I had gained 5lbs in just one week-the largest weight gain I've had, all fluid related, of course, but none the less, weight gain. (I'm up a total of 9lbs this entire pregnancy). I also had my BP checked 110/60, still very good! I saw Dr. Lambers, she was very nice. She checked my cervix, still high and still closed...YEA! Then, she measured me...44cm (AKA, 44wks). She left the room for a minute to allow me to get dressed, when she came back in, she told me that I'm due back tomorrow for another amnio reduction. She said the goal is to get me to 39 weeks (the 3rd week of May). With my fluid this high, there is no way that can happen. She also said that if they have to reduce me a third time to get to 39wks, they will! So, after making plans for tomorrow, we got a steroid prescription filled.
Dr. Lambers ordered steroid injections for the next two days...just in case Mr. Jaime decides to come soon after this reduction.
So, while waiting for the RX, we came back to RMH to pack Jared up for a trip to Titi's house in Columbus. She offered to take him for the next few days for us, since we will be at the hospital a lot. We got Jared and Stacy off, then went back to the hospital for my first steroid injection.

We are due back at the hospital tomorrow at 10:30, for a 12:00 procedure. The reduction will be performed by Dr. Brady in Labor in Delivery for two reasons: 1) in case Jaime decides to have a Tax Day Birthday; and 2) they will hook the vacuum bottles up to the wall suction for the reduction which makes it go a little faster. Tomorrow's goal is to keep Jaime in and reduce me to under 20cm. I will spend most of the day in the hospital tomorrow (over night, if necessary). I will receive another dose of steroids and hopefully all of this will buy us the time we need for Jaime's little lungs to mature a bit longer.

So, that's the scoop! Like I said, never a dull moment for us during this pregnancy!
(All of this will be well worth it, though if it means bringing our little Jaime home to Cleveland one day!)

I'm off to do some homework and I have a "Live" online class session tonight that I have to prepare for!

Take care, Tom or I will post an update tomorrow after the reduction!

Sheryl

7 comments:

  1. You're so close!!! Good luck and we're thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and hoping tomorrow's procedure goes very well and Jaime stays put a little longer. He is such a trooper!!

    Praying for Jaime, Tracy - Ian's mom from CHERUBS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer.. I was hoping you wouldn't have to have it done again... as I am sure that was also your hope! :-) We will be thinking of you and praying Jaime stays put tomorrow and things go well. Much love!
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you have to do this again but your right it will be worth it!! Hope & Pray everything goes well and Jaime stays put for a few more weeks, my daughters birthday is May 11th ;) So proud of you guys and love all the new pics!! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We hope to see you on Saturday! Ryan is coming also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to write more! Please let me know if you need anything, you know how close we are. I hope you are relaxing & taking it easy, but it sounds like you've been pretty busy!
    Remember, I am bringing you some special Cincinnati ice cream on Saturday!
    God bless & take care!
    Jeanie & Ryan
    p.s. Ryan LOVED meeting you guys! He doesn't usually show his scars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness!! It's always something isn't it! You poor woman! Please let me know if you need anything, even if it's just some company! I'm not too far away! Hang in there!
    Carrie and Noah

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.