Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Update/Chalk Drawings.




First of all, let me say "thank you" to everyone who is praying for little Jaime. He's still holding his own at the moment. Dr. Lim told Tom that Jaime overall had a "good day." I hope it continues to go this way, but we know all too well about the CDH roller coaster.

Next, I'd like to thank Jenn for the beautiful blue and white flower arrangement, what a nice surprise. I'd also like to thank Stephanie (Brooke & Kamryn's Mommy)for the adorable card and special cross that you sent to Jaime...it came just in the knick of time!

Now, I have to post the FANTASTIC chalk drawings that Jared made today in honor Jaime. Great work, Jared, I LOVE them!!!! Daddy and I miss you soooo much!!!!

Finally, I promised I'd add the link to the Fox 8 news story that we shot last week, here it is! Ironically, this was aired tonight, the very day of Jaime's birthday. The news mentioned that, too! Thank you to everyone for putting that together for us!
http://www.fox8.com/wjw-payitforward-teacher-0416,0,3566451.worldnowvideo

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful segment that you posted! It brought tears to my eyes! I pray for your little boy and check the blog daily, well I won't lie a couple of times a day!! Prayer's for your family! Bobbi, Kristen's mom, survivor of RCDH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jared is so cute. Jaime looks great! Can't wait to hear an update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheryl and Tom,

    We will continue send wonderful thoughts and prayers to Jamie! He is a cutie-pie!

    Love,

    K

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.