Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 17, 2009

Numbers/Update

So, I was thinking of the irony of Jared's and Jaime's birthdays. Jared was born on 6/14 and Jaime 4/16. They are each other's birthday's backwards. How bizarre is that?

I just called the NICU to see how Jaime was. Kim, Jaime's nurse said that they were trying him back on the conventional vent again instead of the oscillating one. Tom said that they want him on the conventional vent so that they can give him different medication to control his pulmonary hypertension. Tom got to attend the team meeting at 11:30 A.M., I wasn't able to, so he knows much more about the little man than I do!
I'm hoping to feel much better tomorrow so that I can spend more than an hour with him. I have been given an open pass to come and go to Children's as I please. (and as long as I feel well enough to go.)
Also, my night shift nurse got me an order for Motrin...I can now rotate it with the Percocet for post-op, it has done a world of good so far! Jill has been WONDERFUL tonight, I'm so glad she's on.

On a side note, I got to Web Chat with Jared and Stacy tonight. It was so much fun to see Jared. Stacy's been really good about sending me pics everyday of Jared, (including Jared's brown pedicure-yep, painted toe nails on a boy...lol), but it's not the same as seeing him in person!
Looks like Jared, Stacy and mom will be meeting Jaime on Sunday. We can't wait to see them all, it's been really weird without Jared around here.

So, I'm off to do a little homework, take 2 more Motrin and hit the hay!
Have a nice weekend,
Love,
Sheryl

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just saw the Fox News story. How sweet!!! Those kids really love Tom, don't they? Very good story. Jaime looks great, and I can see how he looks just like Jared when he was born. I'm glad you got the cross just in time. I hope it gives you and your family strength when you need it most.

    Love, Stephanie
    Brooke and *Kamryn's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and glad to hear he is doing well!!! My mother saw your story for the pay it forward, and after about 5 min I figured out it was you, lol. I am so very happy for you all, and I will pray that his pulmonary hypertension lessens and that he can go on the regular vent, that is a wonderful sign if he can!! Have they even talked to you about surgery yet? Jaime picked a wonderful birthday and I do like the irony. My mother and James's mother well their birthday is now Jaime's birthday too, That is funny!! Get some rest and I hope you feel better!! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.