Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

OB Follow Up

Hello All,

Just thought I'd do a quick update from my appointment today. I had my 18 staples taken out without incident (I thought there were 100 in there!). All looks well with the incision. As for the right sided pain, the dr. told me that it's nerve damage. She explained that when they make the incision there is no clear way to tell the difference between tissue and nerve as they are the same color. It made much more sense to Tom and I considering the path of the pain. Anyway, she told me to take it easy (yea right) and only time will heal it! I was very happy to know that it wasn't an infection of sort. So, now all I can is wait for it to heal itself. I'm due back for another visit in 4wks. (Hopefully we will still be down here!)

As for Mr. Jaime, he's doing well. He's having a much better day than yesterday. He's been snoozing on his tummy most of the day. He's very content that way.
The drs. just did CDH rounds, looks like their plan is for surgery on Tuesday. I'm very worried about this, but they don't seem to be at all concerned! They are kind of making fun of the hem/occ team because the team wanted a 24hr. notice, so the CDH team is giving them a 5 day notice. Overall, there has to be a series of things alined for it to be a go on Tuesday, but that's what they're shooting for as of this afternoon.

Well, I'm on the hospital computer, so I'm going to get back to Jaime.

Take care, I'll write more later if I can!

Hugs,
Sheryl

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear there isn't an infection, and it's "just" nerve damage. But, I know it must be painful. Did she say it would heal soon? And go Jaime! I love it that he's getting to spend so much time on his tummy already. I know you must be so proud.

    Continuing to pray for all of you!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheryl and Tom,

    Our prayers remain strong for you and Jamie. Stay strong and positive. Please let me know if there is anything Dean and I can do for you.

    Love!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for surgery to go very well ;) I am glad you dont have an infection ( whew! ) Praying that Jaime only gets stronger !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did your doc offer a wrap for you? It is kind of like an ace bandage, but with velcro. It really helps with walking. Sheryl, please take care of you. You just had major surgery.
    Now to Jaime....he is doing so well, what a love bug! The docs will not do his surgery until they know he is ready. Please know that so many people are praying for all of you!
    We are here if you need us!
    Jeanie & Ryan
    Bev & Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definately keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers and sending Jaime Lung Function chants,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very happy things are going good for Jaime, I will pray that it continues and for fast healing for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.