




Just a quick update and then some surprising pics!
Jaime's echo came back exactly the same as last week. His pulmonary hypertension is systemic-he needs to be sub-systemic for surgery. I must say, I was a bit relieved, as I felt like things were moving fast. They are going to repeat the echo on Monday and they still want to shoot for Tuesday surgery. The drs. really want to get the surgery done while Jaime is in a good place with all of his other numbers. I told the drs. I would have a pep talk with Jaime and that I would accept the surgery being on Tuesday! :-)
Other than the echo, some "tweaks" were made with his TPN (nutritional needs)based on his labs. He is due for a head ultra sound tomorrow. Oh and it was decided by all of the drs. today in rounds that we are allowed to hold Jaime once a day!!!! :-)
Tom and I waited until Jared was with us tonight to do this! Once Tom picked up Jared, we ate dinner here at RMH and headed over to the hospital. It was quite a process to get Jaime from his bed into my arms as you'll see in one of the photos! It was so awesome to hold Jaime tonight. I could have held him forever, but it was getting late (9:30) and we had to get Jared to bed.
Tomorrow, Daddy can take a turn holding Jaime-as long as he stays stable!
Enjoy the photos!
Let's pray that Jaime's echo changes for the better on Monday so that he can have that surgery after all on Tuesday.
Love,
Sheryl

what awesome news... I am so glad you are holding that beautiful baby! :-) Hoping Jaime is doing well tomorrow and daddy gets to hold him!
ReplyDeleteAsh
Happy 1 week Jaime! Praying Jaime remains stable for his sugery. He is adorable.
ReplyDeleteSheryl, I'm so thrilled for you to get to hold beautiful Mr Jaime today. Praying for a stable tomorrow so Daddy gets a turn too. Also praying for the hypertension to ease up so the repair can happen on Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteLove to you all,
Sue
Happy Birthday Jamie! I am so glad that you got to hold him. I am sure that it was amazing experience.
ReplyDeleteI am sooo happy to see you holding him!!! I remember what an amazing feeling it was to hold Noah for the first time! It certainly makes those long NICU days a little brighter!! We will be praying for a better echo and surgery next week...
ReplyDeleteTake Care!
Carrie Baker
Hi Sheryl & Tom,
ReplyDeleteWe are expecting our baby girl, Giavanna, on June 12, who has been diagnosed with CDH. Wanted to say "hi" and let you know we are thinking and praying for all four of you! We live in Chicago, but came to Cincinnati in February and will be there again on May 1st - 34 weeks. They have such a great fetal care center! Just wanted to send a note to let you know we are thinking of you!
Nick & Sarah DiGregorio
http://www.carepages.com/carepages/BabyGiavanna
Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you were able to hold him. What precious pictures those were. Thinking of you and praying for surgery to happen on Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteYou're always in our thoughts.
Stephanie
I'm so happy you were able to hold him, those little moments are the best!
ReplyDeletePraying his echo goes well on Monday for surgery!
Happy 1 week Jaime! Praying Jaime can have his surgery soon!
ReplyDeleteHappy 1 week Jaime! Stay strong little man!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got to hold him, what a wonderful feeling, huh? Ryan was 3 weeks when I got to hold him and I didn't want to let him go!
Praying Jaime can have surgery soon!
Jared is a little cutie!
God bless,
Jeanie & Ryan